Monday, June 29, 2009

Mooooooooo-OOOOOOO

Okay, so writing is not working tonight. But I've gotta try for 20 minutes.

Well, I just found a video showing centaur legs. But these are mechanics geeks, not mythology geeks. THey're not centaur legs if there are only two
Those are Satyr legs.
Either way, they're pretty damn cool.

Well, I guess I should talk about my day. I got my laundry done. No D&D, though that should happen tomorrow. Hope came over to hang before band. That weas fun. Messed around on my accordion. Turns out, one of the patterns I created on my keyboard goes really well with accordion.
And, of course, Eric Whitacre was marvelous. Got some interesting backstory to some of the songs. Example:

One song had been written to a poem by RObert Frost for a funeral. When Whitacre went to get it published, he went to the estate of RObert Frost. THey said no. He said, pretty please? I worked really hard on this! and they said no. So he goes to his friend Tony Silvestri, and says, "I need you to write a poem like Robert Frostm, with the same vowel sounds, and with certain words here and there, but totally different, so I don't get sued." Silvestri did. Thus,m the song SLeep. And, on that note (hehe) I shall go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh! Someone's saying something! Sweet!