Thursday, May 7, 2009

We eat to live. I don't want to live.

Exercise: 50 yard dash. 4 times. Plus one more. Backwards. I shit you not.
Voice: Holy crap, how'd I miss this???
Reading: Well, I watched the freshman showcase.
Participation: 100
Explanation(if above 89): Helped with the final set-up for the showcase. Taped the seats. And then ran stick river.

So, I dunno 'bout y'all, but I was pleasantly surprised by the freshman showcase. It had some marvelous moments. In order of favorite:

Harriet Tubman
La Maestra
Night Swim
Time Flies

Zari and Scarlett both have beautiful voices. Ari is, of course, hilarious. Etc, etc, etc.

What bugged me about Time Flies, though, was the placement of the ladybug table. It was right up front. I kept on thinking about that rocking horse you told us about. I felt like it was supposed to do or symbolize something.

I couldn't hear what was going on in Night Swim. I got the general gist, but I just couldn't hear very well.

Of course, I did not understand La Maestra, but it was visually stunning. Props to J. Blodgett. I'm gonna get the translation from Scarlett tomorrow, in her words, sos I can better understand it and judge it better.

Harriet Tubman was rather surprising. I wasn't expecting such a voice from Zari. I just wish she could transfer it more effectively into her speaking voice. And I don't know exactly what she did, but Leigh set up the timing and such with Daria's better moments to the point that every time she told Zari to breath, I found myself inhaling. Very powerful.

Of course, not the best, but it was better than I had expected, especially after all the panic. And I can definitely see the room to grow.

One tech thing: The transition from Time Flies to La Maestra took forEVER. But I guess there's nothing to be done what with bringing the syc down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh! Someone's saying something! Sweet!