Tuesday, September 14, 2010

100th post!

Yay for first proper blog of the year!  FYI to Aladren, I have to blog for dance as well, so this will now be a dual-purpose blog.

PG= 100
We started movement with the freshies today.  First of all, very proud of them for catching on so quickly.  Second of all, it felt amazing to get back into it.  I'm glad I was a (seemingly) effective example.  And sorry for almost dropping you.

Theatre Journal:
Seeing as I've already finished Buried Child and Old Times, I'll be a-bloggin' about Death and the King's Horseman.  I still haven't gotten past scene 1.  I'm really hoping what you say is true.  So far I have almost no information to work off of in terms of characters or plot or anything.  Just a bunch of Yoruban, Syinka-freaking-out-Western-theatre-goers ritualistic stuff.  It's a neat intro to Yoruban culture, which I may do some additional research on, even if I don't use DatKH for my paper, but I still don't have much in the way of a play yet.

Dance Journal:
Oh Jesus Christ I'm so happy the school year has started.  Totally thrilled that I get to do two periods of dance, even with the interrupt of history.  Gonna need a lot of stretching: I feel about as tense as a(n) {insert analogy here}.  But as far as I can tell, my body still remembers how to move, in general.  Improv went well? Maybe?  I mean, it's only day 1 (for me), so I can't say a whole lot yet.  Tomorrow, then!  Woo!  Oh, and I missed any curriculum-ish stuff that may have been covered, so I have no clue what day brings what.  And I must remember!  I must talk to you tomorrow!

Gabe Journal:
This was an awesome day.  Dance, movement, and choir.  This is my Monday.  For the rest of the year.  Well, at least until my concert in a couple months.  I am so incredibly excited.  I'm positively giddy and inebriated off of joy.  Or something along those lines.  Except for that I can't listen to my totally awesome concert CD from spring, due to brother breaking CD tray 4 fucking months ago and never managing to fix it.  I still can't figure out what the hell he did that has it jammed so tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh! Someone's saying something! Sweet!